230 Second Ave- Adaptive Reuse
New York, NY
Originally constructed in 1923 as the Mechanics and Metals National Bank, it is located at the intersection of Second Avenue and 14th Street. As part of the NYEE relocation project, executive offices, large Education Room and associated support staff spaces will be relocated to the renovated spaces in the bank building. The total renovation area is 7500sf.
The large Educational Room will be located on the south side of the first floor. Large south-facing windows will allow plenty of natural light into the education room. The high floor-to-floor height allows for a custom folding wood ceiling with direct street views. The third-floor houses executive private offices, a conference room, and the Hospital President's office. Private offices are designed to be small with a wood finish and have adjustable lighting, wall mounted computer screens that make the small rooms comfortable and ergonomic.